Age: toddler, child, parent
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun, Mind builder
This is one game your child will never forget!
Didn’t you love to play memory-building games as a kid? Your child will have fun testing her concentration skills with this homemade version of a memory game. Here’s all you need to get started:
20 index cards
A double set of 10 stickers (e.g. animals or colorful shapes)
- Lay the cards out on a table.
- Invite your child to help you apply one sticker in the center of each card so that you have two sets of 10 matching cards.
- Explain the concept of the game to your child before you turn the cards over. (Don’t worry if your child doesn’t seem to understand it. It can be an educational way of entertaining her regardless.)
- Turn over a card and ask your child to guess where the match is. If you were playing strictly by the rules, she would only be allowed one guess, but feel free to offer her as many chances as she wants.
- When she makes a match, set it aside and continue to play until all of the pairs have been found.
Bonus: Take this game to restaurants for a great way to stall your child until her food arrives!