Roly-Poly Piggy Bank
Age: toddler, child
Skill for Bub: Muscle Builder, Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun, Mind Builder
Who says toys have to cost a lot to be entertaining? Sometimes the best ones are practically free. This one will keep your little one occupied for hours.
Future financiers will learn the value of a dollar (or a penny) with this easy-to-make piggy bank.
What You’ll Need
- Large empty cylindrical container
- Googly eyes
- Pink construction paper
- Pink pipe cleaner
Bank on It
- Wrap the container in pink construction paper.
- Help your child to glue large googly eyes to the lid.
- Cut out ears and a nose and glue them to the lid.
- Cut a small slit in the lid to use as the mouth.
- Punch a hole in the other end of the container.
- Thread a pink pipe cleaner through it. Anchor the inside end by double-knotting it.
- Curl the other end of the pipe cleaner to create a tail.
Allow your child to put some coins into the slot. If she wants to take her money out, simply open the lid.