Waffle Log Cabin
Age: toddler, child, parent
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun
This is one breakfast that is definitely as much fun to make as it is to eat!
Make Saturday morning breakfast extra special with this creative kid-friendly way to serve waffles.
- Cook five frozen or fresh waffles.
- Make four lengthwise cuts into three of the waffles.
- Make a square out of four waffle sticks.
- Let your child help you to stack the remaining sticks on top to create a box. (Use the grooves of the waffles to hold the “logs” in place.)
- Have your child fill the box with berries or sliced bananas.
- Use the two remaining waffles as a roof for the waffle house.
Help your child sprinkle icing sugar over the cabin to pretend that it’s snowing!