Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

3 day potty training Rss

Hi ladies,
I have heard about the three day potty training program and was wondering if anyone could share their experiences, good or bad?
It seems unbelievable that a child could be fully trained, day or night in that time frame.
Would love to hear your thoughts, my little boy is 20 months, so not thinking about starting for at least a few months x

hey everyone smile

this must be too good to be true. i mean 3 days lol it takes me that long to just catch up on housework tongue

if any mums out there have tried and succeeded i would love to know how you did it PLEASE!!!!!!

my little guy is 17 months he is getting pretty good at the potty training thing but would love to just get it over and done with. GOODBYE NAPPIES!!!!
hey everyone smile

this must be too good to be true. i mean 3 days lol it takes me that long to just catch up on housework tongue

if any mums out there have tried and succeeded i would love to know how you did it PLEASE!!!!!!

my little guy is 17 months he is getting pretty good at the potty training thing but would love to just get it over and done with. GOODBYE NAPPIES!!!!
It does sound too good to be true. Would love to hear how it's actually done though!
Yeah I want to know how its done too ,I have a nearly 3 year old DS who is not interested in the fact he has to go to the toilet to have a wee and can't just sit and do it in his pants lol. Our toilet trainingt days are not going too weell all advice welcome- tried stickers, smarties umm not sure what next.
WHERE ARE YOU ALL????????????????? We are in serious need of knowing all your potty training secrets! We promise we wont tell anyone else just me and the other lovely mums who need some much earned help, trust us its definately not for lack of trying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope to hear from you all soon grin
Well, I've checked out your post a couple pf times, but seeing as my DD is almost 2 and a half and hasn't got any interest at all in being potty trained I can't help!!! I will keep checking though, in case anyone does have words of wisdom to help me out too tongue
I know how exciting the 3 day training sounds hey!
Trust Dr Phil to get our hopes up lol.
Apparently you need a potty/toilet seat and a doll that does wees (like baby born or something).
Dr Phil actually sells a boy version of the dolls also. Basically you work of the child's desire to mimic other children and be grown up.
Not sure of success rate and dont know how the nights would work but hey!
My boy is almost 20 months now, and the last week I have just decided to jump in and try training. I tried a few months ago and lost patience with cleaning up messes everyday.
This time tho I just have the potty in whatever room we're in, I encourage him to use it, sometimes he jumps at the chance and at others he cries but i persevere, or just sit him on it and praise him when he goes. I feel like a fool coz I am laughing and clapping and squealing when he wees and poos but you can tell kids love that sort of thing. Today is the first day with pants and no nappy, before that he'd just been pantless altogether. So far no accidents but I am taking him fairly often.

Kristie
This is the link ladies:
http://www.3daypottytraining.com/
It is an E-book, and says it's $22USD. I think I'll order it and see...it says not to start until child is 22 months old.
I don't want to pressure my little boy at all..so I'll read it and see if itmakes any sense.
My little boy doesn't turn 22 months for another couple of months, but when we do try this I'll be sure to update on whether it was useful or too good to be true smile

thanks so muh that would be really appreciated smile my little boy is only 17 months too so would have to wait a few months also. best of luck i hope it all goes well for you and your little one if it all sounds alright smile

thanks so muh that would be really appreciated smile my little boy is only 17 months too so would have to wait a few months also. best of luck i hope it all goes well for you and your little one if it all sounds alright smile

Gosh it was ages ago since I started this post! Just to update, I am going to do the three days with my little boy next week!
We had to put it off for quite a while as he was having trouble going to the toilet....turned out to be a dairy intolerance...so we are set for Monday. Will definitely update end of next week smile

We did the 3 day potty training method with our DD who is 2 years about a month ago.

We had huge success. A friend of mine emailed me the guide (which I am happy to pass on if you give me your email address). I decided to change a few of the concepts slightly - mainly around sleeping. The guide says that you should eliminate ALL nappies and at 2 years, I don't feel my DD is ready for this yet. Instead we use pull ups but I have renamed them "sleeping undies".

It did take a bit longer than 3 days, I would say after 10 days we had 100% success with wees and no more accidents. Poo, we are not quite there yet. She does about half on the potty, the other half she starts in her undies then comes and tells me and finishes it off on the potty. I am not that worried about this part as again, she is only two.

All in all I think it is a fantastic method and would recommend it to anyone.

Not sure what one of the PP said about having a doll that wees, this wasn't mentioned in the method I used.
Sign in to follow this topic