Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Help - did you get the whopping cough vac?

Help - did you get the whopping cough vac? Rss

Hello ladies!

I am 35 weeks pregnant and wondering if people got the whooping cough vac? I am paranoid/anxious about toxins during preg!

Was all right with your bubs if you had it earlier?!
Hello
I did and all was fine with bubs who is a happy, healthy 10 month old now smile
I definitely did. I was paranoid about my baby getting whooping cough as a newborn. My girl is now 2 months old and absolutely fine and I'm glad she had the extra protection until she could get her own vaccinations.
I can understand your concerns! I decided against getting the vaccine during pregnancy, it just didn't sit right with me. I waited till bubs was born. I think you have to go with your gut! But the decision is very personal. I'm not anti-vaccination but I just don't like the thought of vaccinating while pregnant. Mind you I am super cautious, I refused to have an MRI while pregnant too! I hope you come to the righ decision for you smile
Hi, I am 19 weeks pregnant and I will definitely do this when the time comes. I hate the idea to be vaccinated during the pregnancy and very anxious about it (e.g. I refused to do flu vaccination). But, when I was a teenager, I had a whooping cough for some reason and I suffered a lot! I thought I will die. It was the worst experience ever. After that, I cannot put my little one at this risk.
However, It is very personal decision.
Hi. There was no question I would get it. It is a scary possibility of a tiny helpless newborn getting sick enough to die so I got it as soon as I could. I was so relieved after I had the vaccination because then I knew my baby would be protected until it was old enough to get vaccinated. 2 months is a long time for a baby to be unprotected because you never know whether you will come into contact with someone who is sick at the shops or whatever.
I had no side effects and my baby is a very healthy 18 month old now.
Hi, I also did and can understand your concern also.
Sign in to follow this topic