Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. Missed Miscarriage, Misprostol used to end pregnancy, and then failure to expell fetus

Missed Miscarriage, Misprostol used to end pregnancy, and then failure to expell fetus Rss

Hi everyone,

I had a dating scan on Jan. 10, which I anticipated about 9 weeks. During the scan no heartbeat was found, and I was told the baby stopped developing at 8w1d. That night I used vaginal 800mg Misprostol to induce the miscarriage. About 3 hours after inserting the meds its started, pain, blood, and clots. There were 2 very defined plooping noises from the toilet, I figured that was my beautiful baby. Spotted for a week, and then everything seemed to be ok.

Jan 28 at 6pm i went into extreme labour like pain, very similar to the pain I had during labour with my first child. 5 hours later my body took over, and I knew what the push was when it started, and when i looked into the toilet, there it was, the baby. Since then, i have had a nice bit of cramping.

Has anyone every been in this situation, been diagnosed with a missed misscarrige, had a "medical abortion" that seemed to work, and then nearly 3 weeks later go into "labour"?? So nervous, waiting to get my bhcg levels back from the doc, but it seems like forever waiting.
A missed miscarriage is most often diagnosed by ultrasound before 20 weeks' gestation. Usually, the doctor diagnoses it when they cannot detect a heartbeat at a prenatal checkup. ... If you're less than 10 weeks pregnant, your doctor may monitor the level of the pregnancy hormone hCG in your blood over a couple days

Everything will be fine, dear. Try surrogacy to become mum quicker

Best wishes, World Center of Baby
https://www.worldcenterofbaby.com

Sign in to follow this topic